It’s the last day of the year and I’m sitting here, sipping my morning coffee with a big smile on my face. Like so many, I am looking back on the year and thinking about all the amazing moments of this crazy, rollercoaster ride that 2022 turned out to be.
Immensely grateful for what has been and inspired by the Instagram tradition of #TopNine – a repost of your most popular images of the year – I thought I’ll dive a bit deeper to celebrate YOU, my awesome audience, and all the support you have shown!
First up and in line with tradition, let’s look at Instagram. You voted and here are your favourite nine posts of 2022:
I appreciate your love and support, likes, comments and all that you have shown for my posted content. It wouldn’t be the same without you there. These posts are my favourites and here’s why:
Over here on my blog, these were the posts that you found most readworthy in 2022:
If you haven’t yet, make sure you check them out and while you’re here, let me share with you which were my favourite articles I wrote this year:
9) Happy Birthday Spot… because I so loved writing his story
8) Let’s go to the Movies with Kodak Vision3 250D… because I LOVE the movies and it was such a fun exercise to dive into the world of motion pictures while exploring this film simulation recipe
7) Photographs Have a Right to Get Printed… because I am so passionate about printing photographs
6) Slices of My South Africa a la Instax… because this was such a fun project to be involved in
5) A Decade of Fujifilm Fabulousness… because Fujifilm has been a fantastic photographic journey and it was awesome to revisit some of my milestones
4) Love at First Touch | My New Fujifilm X-T5… because I love sharing in this new, exciting journey
3) Spring Day in Vintage Agfacolor… because it was such a spontaneous day with fabulous results shot on a recipe that seems more like an underdog at the time
2) Rainy Days Never Looked So Good… because they really never did and I had so much fun experimenting with recipes and different looks and hope that you got something out of this exercise too
1) It’s Elemental… because this post tells the back story to my article published in the … edition of FujiLove Magazine for which I challenged myself to a shoot in one Film Simulation Recipe straight out of camera
You also showed awesome support on my YouTube Channel – THANK YOU SO MUCH – and the content you thought was most interesting to watch this year was:
It has been so much fun to connect live with you and to share and learn throughout all the episodes of Season 02 of SOOC this year. From my perspective, these three shows where my most enjoyable:
3) Kodak Gold 200 + Kodak Tri-X 400 | SOOC Season 02 Episode 01… because it was the first show of the season and it was so exciting to be back after a long break.
2) Eterna Bleach BypassEterna Bleach Bypass | SOOC Season 02 Episode 04… because we broadcast the show while I was in Germany!
1) Let’s Get Festive | SOOC Season 02 Episode 10…. because it was such a different show with so many firsts and we got to celebrate YOU, our fabulous audience.
I’m left standing (well, sitting actually) in front of you in awe and filled with nothing but gratitude for your support throughout the year. And now – if you’re feeling as nostalgic as me, I invite you to go back and read the posts and watch the shows of 2022 that made my year so very special.
As for me – I’m going to go now and jump into my first project of 2023 (stay tuned!!!) and everything else that’s planned for the new year!
Have a peaceful last day of 2022 and a wonderful start to 2023! May the New Year treat you kindly and hold everything you wish for! I can’t wait to find out what the next year will bring and I look forward to many hours of connecting with you!
LET’S DO THIS!